Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Exercising Our Rights...

Many years I did not vote because I didn't believe in anyone running in Political office would have my best interest at heart. I felt that it didn't matter that once they were in office, public wouldn't be heard. HOWEVER....
I then realized many others before me fought for MY right as a woman to vote. Then I also wasn't in any position to comment or "complain" because I hadn't exercised my right. So two years ago - I finally did for the first time in my life and really happy with my decision!
This is a photo of Susan B. Anthony trying to vote in 1872, at that point it was illegal for a woman to vote. She was beaten and arrested for trying to do something we all take for granted today.
Do we want her efforts to be in vain?

No comments:

Post a Comment